[AccessD] Populate a treeview via Self-SELECT?

Mike and Doris Manning mikedorism at ntelos.net
Mon Jun 23 07:43:08 CDT 2003

Picture a spiral staircase in your mind.  You are standing on the top step
and way down at the bottom is that teeny tiny bottom step that you can
barely see.  As you walk down the steps, the bottom steps slowly come into
focus...

First Step:  Create a query of all the people who have no one above them.
Take a Step:  As you add each name to the tree, you will call a function
(passing in their EmployeeID) that selects all the people who report
directly to them (MasterID = passed in EmployeeID).
Continue to Step:  As you add each of these names to the tree, you will
recursively call that same function to select all the people who report
directly to them.

The DBA website has a treeview tutorial submitted by Arthur Fuller if you
need further help...

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/downloads.htm

Doris Manning
Database Administrator