[AccessD] Populate a treeview via Self-SELECT?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 23 08:35:54 CDT 2003

Chris,

  The logic you refer to is typically used in BOM (Bill of Material)
explosions.  A straight SQL solution is difficult in that you need to know
the number of levels before hand.  I refer the VBA code approach, which
allows for an unlimited number of levels.

 I have 2 SQL solutions; one by Joe Cleko (sp?) and one by a fellow expert
on Experts Exchange with a different SQL approach, and my own VBA example.

  Although these don't deal specifically with employee's, the logic is the
same.  If you view the samples as the assembly being the supervisor, and the
components as the employees that report to them.

  Drop me and e-mail off-list and I'll send them along.

HTH,
Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.