[AccessD] AXP form events for filter that returns no records

Eric Goetz EricGoetz at EGIsystems.com
Mon Mar 10 17:57:00 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm have a form with an option group that allows the user to select from a set of filters. When the one of the options is selected, I use the AfterUpdate event of the frame containing the option to set Me.Filter to the appropriate string. This works great when the filter causes the forms record set to return more than zero records.

When the filter causes zero records for the form, none of my controls are displayed. I would like to handle this possibly by cancelling the option button selection and displaying a dialog box that says that no records meet the criteria of the filter. How do I go about that? I'm thinking that I might need to use the BeforeUpdate event of the frame, but how do I find out how many records the filter will return? I'm looking through my references to find out when that record set gets filtered and how to cancel, but I could sure use some help.

TIA,

Eric