[AccessD] OT: "Chevaux de frise" of free world...

Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Sat Mar 8 06:08:00 CST 2003

Shamil

When I applied for my visas to the USA I was told to PLAY by the RULES. Dont
shout and do as asked even if it appears stupid.

The person who told me that was an employee at the USA consul. Unless they are
asking you to pay again I would simply make an appointment, go see them BE
VERY NICE and sort it out.

Immigration are very funny these days and I think the best advise is to stay
on the right side of them at all times.

In my case they give me both a working and a tourist visa and at the end of
the day the staff at the consulate here could not have been more helpful.

All I can say is be patient with them, explain excatly what you plan to do,
who is going with you etc and do it all in writing, again I know but just be
patient and nice.

At the first sign of trouble they will not issue a visa becasue at the end of
the day it means nothing to them.

Martin