[AccessD] Access 2000 ADP's, Sql Server 7 and VB6

Tom Adams tomadatn at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 12 09:26:00 CST 2003

Just a note to pass on my experiences with the above combination.

I use Access 2000 ADP's whenever I can because I think they're much more flexible and easy to use.  I especially need to be able to
sort tables and views to analize and check data.

I use both Enterprise Manager and Access 2000 to modify tables and views and Stored procedures and to move tables between the
production database and the development database.  However I've recently had some problems and think Access might be the cause.
I've had several corrupt views and when I copied a small report menu table from Production to Development and back to Production, I
found an added chr(10) at the beginning of an nText field.  This broke some code that used that field and after I finally figured
out what the problem was I coded around it.

I've decided to use Enterprise Manager to do all modifications and to copy objects from the Production to the Development database
and back.  I will also use Enterprise Manager to run all stored procedures.  I'll just use the Access ADP's to check data.

If anyone has any comments I'd love to hear them.

Thanks - Tom