[AccessD] Access 2000 ADP's, Sql Server 7 and VB6

Susan Zeller szeller at cce.umn.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:34:00 CST 2003

Tom,

I think you are asking where others create views and sprocs?  I mostly
use Query Analyzer for this.  Sometimes I do some preliminary SQL
building by using EM to design a view, but I always use QA in the end.
One of the reasons for this is that I have found that EM doesn't allow
complicated structures whereas QA does.  Some of my views are pages long
with complicated case statements, etc.  The ohther thing I like about QA
is that I can document my code better.  I created a custom template in
QA that allows me to document basic things like who I am ,when I built
the object, what it does in a consistent format.

All my apps are ADP's, but I never create my views or sprocs there.
Never really thought about doing it until recently.  Questions on that
appear in another post on the Access-SQL list.

--Susan