[AccessD] ADO Command object

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Wed Mar 12 09:56:00 CST 2003

Exactly Mark -- you can use a connection string or a connection object. The
latter requires more code, but the connection string, as Charlotte or Doris
pointed out (sorry, I can't remember which one of you said that), the
connection string can be a pain to work with. Other than that though, I can
really find no advantage to using a Connection object. I expected to find
some benefit, such as properties or methods available only via the Connect
object, because most of the code samples I see uses the Connection object,
but other than perspective, I can see no advantage. I'll keep digging around
a little, but so far, I've not really turned up anything.

Susan H.

> Would the explanation be that in your sample code
>
> With cmd
>     .ActiveConnection = strConn
>
> It appears that the connection is being initialised here.  Perhaps in the
> other example, it reads clearer when you are passing in a live cnn
> connection rather than strCnn.
>
> Having said that, you could use cnn in both scenario's.
>
> I do think ( as I think you do ), that your way is neater.
>
> For a further question on this, see my new thread 'Using Global
Connctions'