[AccessD] ADP vs. MDB for SQL 2000

Chris Mackin chris at denverdb.com
Fri Mar 14 11:51:00 CST 2003

The other developer uses local tables in the .mdb's (I've discussed this
issue with him at the local Access Users Group).  Personally I see no reason
for these tables as they only store info related to user preferences, so all
of the real data for the system is going to be SQL 2000, custom menu options
that the user selects are going to be in local tables (Why not just store
them in SQL along with a column for the user name?).  Basically if they go
with .mdb I don't get the job, if they go with .adp I do so I'm trying to
srgue the .adp side as strongly as possible.

Chris Mackin
www.denverdb.com
Denver Database Consulting, LLC