[AccessD] OT directory folder as URL

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 14 20:29:01 CST 2003

Hi Marty:

Thanks for that information. :-)

What I was actually thinking of when asking the question was how a drive
letter can be translated into a html address. For example I installed a
small program on a computer that added a drive letter, say 'X'. The new
drive now showed in the file explorer and could be accessed from any program
as any other drive. The interesting thing was when the drive was selected it
actually opening an http-webdav connection to a remote server.

Now the $100.00 question. It should be simple attach a remote site to a
drive letter...but how? Unfortunately, I can not find the little program
that could create the remote drives or an evening of hacking would sate the
curiosity.

> res://msxml.dll/defaultss.xsl

Very fascinating...worthy of further research. Now where and when exactly
does the web browser actually use this XSL code?

Again Thank you...

Jim