[AccessD] Replication - A2K

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 29 06:03:19 CST 2003

RE: [AccessD] Replication - A2KHi John:

I have been running a Access replication application for five years. There
are basically three government offices with about forty total individuals.
The program has both an automatic and manual replication process programmed
in. I have one BE db with one table that is centeral to the process. This is
the file that supplies all the invoice numbers. It is linked to each site by
its URL address. As soon as a ne record is created, the program goes looking
for the next number. If the lines are glogged, that can take about 30
seconds.

I come in every so often and clean up any duplications because sometimes the
timing is off. The issue only comes up once every couple months or so. The
cost to permentantly resolve the problem, with a nice SQL BE, is prohibitive
so the clients have settled on this type of solution.

There simply is no other inexpensive solution. The cost is either on a
expensive product or an expensive programming process.

HTH
Jim