[AccessD] Printing record set displayed in from in a report

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Mon Mar 31 14:38:01 CST 2003

Printing record set displayed in from in a reportYou have a report already -- and you just want to pass that one record to the report? Try OpenReport's WHERE argument to pass the record's primary key.

Susan H.

  Hello All,
  I have had a database given to me that is split into a FE of Access XP and a BE of SQL.  There is a form that is bound to a table and presents the record data to the screen through the selected form.  The user wants to print the current record set through a report from a button on the form.  The form displays the complete record but the report will print about half of the information from the screen.

  The problem I am running into is that when I call the report from the form I get more than just the current record, Access wants to print the entire table.   I think I am missing the connection between the SQL record set presented in the form and the Report.

  My starting question is how do I refer to the record set, currently displayed on the form, as I get the report open.  The Report is currently bound to the same SQL table the form is bound to.  Can you refer to a form's record set in the report property?  This selective printing thing is new to me and any direction or helpful hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  Patrick L. Hollermann
  Park Industries, Inc.
  PO Box 188
  St. Cloud MN 56302