[AccessD] BeforeUpdate v. AfterUpdate

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue May 20 08:29:19 CDT 2003

>From my experiments, it appears that MyControl.OldValue is available for
scrutiny only in the BeforeUpdate event. In the AfterUpdate event it seems
to be lost. I just wanted to confirm this hypothesis.

The point of the exercise is that I need to keep track of which columns a
user has changed and then take action accordingly. I have to update some
columns in another table depending on which columns changed in the current
table, but only if the update to the current table was successul. I don't
actually care about the old value, I'm just using it to determine which
columns changed. But by the time I get to AfterUpdate I've lost the
information.

Any suggestions as to how to work around this?

TIA,
Arthur