[AccessD] Replication Manager or Briefcase

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Tue May 13 09:14:08 CDT 2003

MessageSo if I understand this, you suggest foregoing the FE/BE design,
place everything in one DB and use replication? HMMM interesting.

But, if I have 5 of 7 users on a local network, I would want their data
refreshes to be immediate on the data tables. The remote users won't care if
they refresh only periodically.
I would think that in this scenario, I would prefer to have a FE/BE design
on the local network with the one shared BE being a replica. On the remotes,
I would also want FE/BE design but all their individual BEs be separate
replicas.
But, now I'm mixing a shared BE and remote replica BEs. Is this a bad idea?

In addition, I like the idea of one replica on a local server (sub-hub)
managed by a synchronizer and then synchronized with the main hub replica.
But, I thought each replica on the satellite PCs had to have a drop box. If
that's so, don't you have to install RepMnger on each PC have to have the
drop boxes?

Gee, a lot to learn.

John