[AccessD] Access + Pegasus

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Tue May 13 12:09:46 CDT 2003

Arthur,

AFAIK, Pegasus doesn't support true automation the way LookOut does. However, you can use DDE commands to work with Pegasus.

I have a demo of how to use DDE to send the currently opened Word doc via Pegasus automatically. You can grab it from:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/carbonnb/bryan/utilities.html

Advantages. Where do you start :-))

Free :-))
Not a target of virii
Doens't have scripting so you can't get bitten by script virii (ala Kl*z)
Doesn't automatically get images from websites that are links in e-mails - Keeps you safe from web bugs - You can download them if you want, but you have to explicity tell Pegasus to get them.
Filtering rules that are at least 1000% better that Outlook.
Server Side filtering rules
Content Control filtering rules
Ability to handle LARGE volumes of e-mail. Last look at home I had almost 100K e-mails (Yes that is one hundred THOUSAND) with no performance issues. At one point I had almost 120K until I deleted a bunch of stuff (I only delete spam and very little else) It takes up about 1/2 a gig of drive space.
It does e-mail and e-mail only.
Can display plain text if you want to ignore the HTML "junk"
Multiple Users and the users can have multiple identities.
Supports POP3, SMTP and IMAP protocols

What else am I forgetting Stuart?

How's that for a start?

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> artful at rogers.com 13-May-03 12:52:01 PM >>>
I have some slick email routines that work with Access, but until today they
have assumed Outlook and its object model. Suddenly I have to assume
Pegasus, about which I know nothing. I'll search the list for references in
a moment, but right now I don't know a thing about it. Is it easy? Tough?
What are the advantages of Pegasus as opposed to Outlook? Should I consider
switching my own email client?

TIA,
Arthur