[AccessD] Access + Pegasus

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 13 18:10:16 CDT 2003

On 13 May 2003 at 13:09, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> AFAIK, Pegasus doesn't support true automation the way LookOut does.
> However, you can use DDE commands to work with Pegasus.
>
> I have a demo of how to use DDE to send the currently opened Word doc
> via Pegasus automatically. You can grab it from:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/carbonnb/bryan/utilities.html
>
> Advantages. Where do you start :-))

> What else am I forgetting Stuart?

Among others,

Standard MAPI compliance - I do most of my Access to Pegasus routines
using Simple MAPI (although as Brian says, DDE is available).  The
advantage of that is it will work with just about any mail client if
you want to distribute the application.

Integrates tightly with Mercury ( a very good FREE low footprint full
blown mail server with too many capabilities to list)

Noticeboards
Simple but powerful templating
Good Distribution List handling ( the bane of my life with some
clients who insist on using Outlook)
Selective mail download
LDAP support
(and I really have to repeat the filtering capabilites are
outstanding)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg