[AccessD] access database needs repair

Hartranft, Dwayne dmhartr at sandia.gov
Thu May 15 16:54:20 CDT 2003

Andy,

I have tried all the items that have been posted so far.  No luck.  Every
time I access the file, it says that it is not a recognized database format.

It is an Access 2000 database, backend with just tables.

I sent the file to a company that has a good rate of recovery, and they said
they could only recover 2 of the tables.

I did try something different.  I was able to open the database in Word.
There is a bunch of garbage, but I can find all the data that was in the
main table.  I just have to filter the garbage out.  This will be easier
than trying to recreate 6 months of data entry.

Thanks for the tips and the encouragement.

Dwayne