[AccessD] OT: Network over the phone lines

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Mon May 19 09:19:46 CDT 2003

Yes, you can.  In fact I am considering this myself,
so that I can have network access in my back yard and
driveway areas.  Yes, I'm a geek at home too...ROFL

Cabling can get very expensive, unless you can do it
yourself.  It's not so much the cable that's
expensive.  It's the labor.  It's a b*tch to snake
that cable throgh the rafters of the house and then
down the inside walls.  Especially if your inside
walls are insulated too, which most are anymore.

I was talking with one of the engineers at DLink, and
they recomment not using more that ten wireless
devices per wireless router.  That's one of the
reasons I could never fully network my house via
wireless.  I have too many network devices and will be
adding more as I automate my home via computer.

--- Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software