[AccessD] Hourly Backups Of Access Data

Selina Iddon selina at easydatabases.com.au
Mon Nov 3 15:12:56 CST 2003

Howdy
I suppose it depends upon the database, but the 'techie' guy I work with has
put in place some little .bat files that copy the database on the hour to a
particular directory and depending upon the .bat file and time, places it in
a 1100, 1200, 1300 etc directory.  That way if we can go back to any time in
the last 24hrs without going to the nightly backup tapes.  It works very
well, he had to put some commands in the startup of the server to do it,
(I'm not up on that side of things in case it's not painfully obvious) but
it certainly doesn't kick anyone out whilst performing the copies.  I
suppose you could add a line to the .bat file to compact them.
Cheers
Selina

---- Selina Iddon selina at easydatabases.com.au Ph: 0414 225 265 Easy Access
Databases