[AccessD] Auto install fonts

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 14 10:04:03 CST 2003

Hi John

You can use the free Inno Setup for this:

  http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

<snip>

FontInstall

Tells Setup the file is a font that needs to be installed. The value
of this parameter is the name of the font as stored in the registry or
WIN.INI. This must be exactly the same name as you see when you
double-click the font file in Explorer. Note that Setup will
automatically append " (TrueType)" to the end of the name.

If the file is not a TrueType font, you must specify the flag fontisnttruetype in the Flags parameter.

It's recommended that you use the flags onlyifdoesntexist and
uninsneveruninstall when installing fonts to the {fonts} directory.
To successfully install a font on Windows 2000/XP, the user must be a
member of the Power Users or Administrators groups. On Windows NT 4.0
and earlier, anyone can install a font.

  Example:
Source: "OZHANDIN.TTF"; DestDir: "{fonts}"; FontInstall: "Oz Handicraft BT"; Flags: onlyifdoesntexist uninsneveruninstall

</snip>

/gustav