[AccessD] Primary Key Violation

Gina Hoopes hoopesg at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:34:13 CST 2003

This is the perfect solution, John (the last part, I mean).  I can grab
their user ID from their logon and that eliminates the need for them to
enter it.  Thanks!!

Gina

From: "John Bartow" <john at winhaven.net>
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem
solving"<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Primary Key Violation
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:41:29 -0600

Gina,
Not sure I understand everything you're doing here but here's a couple of
ideas:
present a listbox or combobox of existing names to choose from, If they
can't find it then let them add a new name.

If their name exists make them use a middle intial. If that exists make them
use the full middle name, if that exists make them add their lucky number to
the end, if that doesn't work then make them add their...
:o)

If this is on their personal PCs add a column to the table which holds their
windows login then use that to identify them if its present and then present
their full name on the screen in a form they can relate to. (lookup their
name for them based on windows login). If the login is not present then make
them enter a new name.

HTH
John B.