[AccessD] OT - Getting started with Web development

Steve Grant steve.grant at stgsolutions.com
Wed Nov 26 13:58:57 CST 2003

Also:

www.4guysfromrolla.com
www.15seconds.com
www.coveryourasp.com

Also go to www.planetsourcecode.com in the ASP/VB Script world. You will
find tons of small asp samples.

You will have to decide on wich technology you want to work/learn with:
Traditional ASP or ASP.Net.

If you want to develop/test on your machine, you will need IIS (Internet
Information Server) installed on it. IIS comes with WinXP Professional and
Win2000. Be careful, WinXP Home does *NOT* have IIS bundled with it and you
cannot d/l it separately.

If you are using Win 98 or below you will need PWS (Personal Web Server)
from Microsoft. Do *NOT* install PWS on a WinXP machine.

To use ASP.Net you will need to d/l the .NET Framework from Microsoft's site
and you will need IIS. You do not need Visual Studio .Net to code in .Net
but it's easier if you have it because you can see all the references while
you code.

Learning/working with ASP/ASP.Net is really really fun (at least it's been
for me).

Good luck,

Steve