[AccessD] Archive Ooops....

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Wed Nov 26 15:49:28 CST 2003

Hehehe.  I know.  It's a two step process.  My print server has the Archiver
service, which logs into our mailserver (at work here) through a VPN, looks
for new messages (in the normal folder and an archive folder), it then dumps
the new mail into the database, and marks them as archived (by setting a
subject).  That runs every 2 hours.  Sort of.  I have something running for
Mike Mattys that is run through that process, and if it kicks off, it can
take an hour or two before the archiving actually occurs.  The second
process is the indexer (which is what indexes the memo fields that the
messages are stored in.).  That indexer runs on my main server, and runs
every hour, but only indexes 200 messages at a time. (Because it takes about
10 to 20 minutes to index 200 messages, and I didn't want the indexer to hog
the server).

What actually happened was for some reason, I set the index tables to have a
max field size of 100 on the word tables.  Someone posted a word over that
limit, cause it was erroring by saying that the data was too big for the
field.  So yesterday, I set the field limit to 255 on all the index tables,
and kicked off the indexer service again.  Why I set it to 100, I don't
know.  It doesn't really matter, cause Access doesn't take up extra space, I
guess I just thought there would never be a word bigger then 100 characters.
Now that I think about it, I wonder what word caused the problem! <grin>

Drew