[AccessD] Format Field

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Sat Oct 11 10:33:34 CDT 2003

I am having problems with a formatted field. The FailureReportNo is a number
field.

On a search form, I want to double-click on the failure report number and
open another form that contains all the failure data.

On the search form I have the FailureReportNo with the Control Source:
=Format([FailureReportNo],"""EF-""00000")

On the double-click of the FailureReportNo I have:

    stLinkCriteria = "[tblSystemMain].[FailureReportNo]=" &
Me![FailureReportNo]
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmFind"

The problem is the search form FailureReportNo field contains #Error & if I
double click on the field (to test it anyway) I get Type Mismatch. Do I have
my quotes wrong?

Virginia