[AccessD] [dba-VB] OT Learning ASP

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Mon Oct 13 08:21:43 CDT 2003

To all,

I would like to start getting into ASP, I have done very little HTML so really don’t know where to start.  We are going to transfer our main booking database to SQL Server 7.0, and will be using this as a back-end to an Intranet/Internet page.  What I am really after is a way to create a logon page that grants access via a user table, I think if someone could give me some sample code to do this (i.e. designing the logon page and connecting to the database to check the logins) I may be able to get a better understanding before we go to far.

Also does anyone know any good books for this, I am currently programming in VB/VBA on XP machines with a Windows 2000 server.

Paul Hartland