[AccessD] Which ADO goes with A97

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 26 09:30:52 CST 2003

Does anyone know which ADO lib needs to be referenced for machines having
only A97?  Will that lib be available on machines having only A2002 (XP)?

My Sysvars class uses ADO, and I want to use it in a client's A97 database.
Unfortunately my dev machine has A96, A2K and had AXP as well before I
uninstalled the last.  When I go into references on my dev machine I see
libs for ADO 2.0, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.

If I choose the wrong one I'm afraid I'll end up with a missing reference on
the client's machine which has only A97.

The client is buying a bunch of new machines which will have only AXP.
Which of these libs will be available then?  Is there one that can be
referenced and used in a mixed environment where some have A97 only and
others have AXP only?

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com