[AccessD] Creating a Bulleted List

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 15:48:47 CST 2003

   Dear List:

I have a report which is a number of pieces of boilerplate text which are printed in the detail section of a report.  There is also a boilerplate header text.

I set height of both to zero and the Can Grow property to true.  So far, so good.  Formats nice.  The user can set the Bold, Underline, and Italic properties for each piece of boilerplate.

Now he wants the option to add bullets to the detail text.  So I tried putting a bullet in a label, invisible, height zero, aligned top with the detail text.  If the text bullet property is set to True then I make the label visible and set the height to 225 twips.  All OK except that because the text can grow, instead of coming out like this:

(bullet)  Text One.
(bullet)  Text Two.

It comes out like this:

             Text One.
(bullet)
             Text Two.
(bullet)

Is there a way to make this work or a better way to create a bulleted list in a report where the detail field may or may not be bulleted?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software