[AccessD] Can't open any more databases

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 17:38:19 CDT 2003

Can't open any more databasesThe one time I ran into this, I ended up redoing my form to get rid of the subforms -- never did find the culprit. I was told it could be resolved with a simple switch on the Novell server (which did seem to be the culprit) -- but IT refused.

Susan H.

It's a split database. I have a form (Form A) open which contains a tab control with a form and subform on at least each of the ten tabs. Clicking on a button on one of these tabs, hides this main form (Form A - with all of it's open forms etc) and opens another form (Form B) with a tab control and a bunch of forms. Each tab (seven tabs). I can happily click on a couple of the tabs and everything is fine. As soon as I click on one of the last tabs which contain 3 subforms I get the dreaded "Can't open any more databases" message.