[AccessD] Report Grouping

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 15:37:37 CDT 2003

That's exactly what I said. If you put the prompting criteria for the range in the query, they get prompted once. Then that record set is fed into your report where the grouping has already been pre-defined. Here in the report you an even have headers and/footers so that you may create totals, sums or any other aggregate function you desire.

One query, one prompt, one report. I do it all the time.  Why do you think you need many queries?

Gina Hoopes <hoopesg at hotmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the solution, but I need one report that groups all of my records
by Area, and there are 50 Areas. Using your solution I would prompt the
user for a particular CenterRange and the report would deliver the
information for that Area. I'm trying to set up the grouping in the
report's code so I can avoid 50 queries or 50 reports/subreports. Does that
explain the issue more clearly?

Thanks,
Gina

Lonnie Johnson [prodevmg at yahoo.com] wrote:

Use the report's Sorting and Grouping properties to do the "Grouping by
Area".

Create a query as the underlying record source for the report and set the
prompts for the criteria in there like below:

Between "*" & [What is the start of the range?] & "*" AND "*" & [What is
the end of the range?] & "*"

Gina Hoopes wrote:
I need to build a report that uses a table for grouping criteria. The table
has two fields, Area and CenterRange. So, Area might be ESKIND LIBRARY and
the CenterRange is between "108694*" and "108699*". I need my report to
Group by each area and use the CenterRange as the criteria. I'm using a
DLookup but everything I'm trying fails. Can someone give me a direction on
this?

Thanks,
Gina

Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us