[AccessD] Who likes math!

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Oct 16 15:25:58 CDT 2003

LOL.  The things we are asked to do!  I think I'd make a aliased
"AllowInTop10" field in QueryA, set to True/False based on their meeting the
objective to be allowed in the top 10.  Then sort on that field first, and
the weighted field next.  Thus all companies that meet the criteria will
"float to the top".  I doubt that you can really do this in a single query
however.  Take the "top 10" in QueryA and use it for a sub report, then a
second query using all companies "not in" that QueryA, just sorted on the
raw numeric values used as a second subreport.

You don't mention what happens if only 8 companies make the criteria to be
in the top 10.

Ugly stuff.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com