[AccessD] OT - Spam Blocker

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 20 01:03:09 CDT 2003

Yes, I concur John.

I was recently introduced to the new Mozilla Bayesian filter and was totally
impressed especially that it actually learns your preferences and
tolerences, similar to a netural net...it actually learns as it goes from
your selections and rejections  over time. A friend has been using one for
over a year now. He has been directing all the spam to a spam directory just
in case it filtered some important documents. In the last month or so he
says it has been doing the filtering with one hundred percent accuracy but
he said it tooks months before the filter was properly fine-tune.

I will be using the Bayesian spam filter for sure.

Jim