[AccessD] Compact/decompile

Stuart Sanders stuart at pacific.net.hk
Mon Oct 20 22:26:38 CDT 2003

Just goes to show that sometimes you just have to import into a clean database.

I had a fairly mature database that I wanted to cull everything out of except
the table links and a few forms/tables/queries/modules for system tools, link
checking etc.

Deleted everything and the sink ecept for the few things I wanted.

Compacted ... 14.6 MB .  Hmmm should be smaller than that.

Decompile. Exit. Reload. Compact.  14.1 MB

Tried a few more things.  In the end gave up and imported everything out of the
14.1 MB bloat and into a new mdb.  Reset links. Compile. Compact. 1.1 MB

14.1 MB -> 1.1 MB

This is in access XP.  I think they still need to work on their cleaning utils.

Stuart