[AccessD] Access database on the Internet

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 06:14:01 CST 2003

Jim,

>> in the connection method you can not used 'bound' forms, the connection is simply too slow, unstable and prone to database corruption.

>> 'Unbound' forms can be used, with proven results but the initial setup and design more complex. <<

This is valuable information. However, I don't think it will cause any "ripples" since we're talking about an entirely different BE methodology from that used on a LAN.

My client was under the impression that an Access BE could just be plopped onto a web server and the Access FE could simply be relinked to the GoreNet instead of a local server. I'm going to have to disabuse him of that notion.

Regards,

Steve Erbach