[AccessD] Continuous Forms

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 30 16:26:11 CST 2003

On 30 Oct 2003 at 4:13, Dale Kalsow wrote:

> Good Morning Everyone, I am using access xp and have a Continuous Forms
> question.  I tried to put a subform in a Continuous Form and I
> received an error that it was not allowed.  So I created a listbox
> that shows the same information that the subform did.  The listbox
> lists parts that partain to the current record.  The problem I now
> have is all records displayed have save information in the listbox.
> As soon as I move to a different record the listbox does update but on
> all records not just the current one.  Does any one know if I can get
> each record to have its own list box or is there a better way to do
> this, maybe a different control? Thanks in advance! Dale

Try an unbound parent form containing two subforms and an invisible
text box

txtLink is the invisible text box.
frmSubForm1 is your current continuous form with a key named "Key".
frmSubForm2 is the actual subform.

Set txtLink.ControlSource to "=[frmSubForm1].[Form].[Key]" and set
the Link Master Field of frmSubForm2 to "txtLink"

As the users moves through the records in frmSubForm1, frmSubForm2
will update automagically.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg