[AccessD] OT: Wireless network (sort of)

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri Oct 31 09:36:04 CST 2003

A router and a switch are fundimentall different
things.

A router does just that.  It routes network traffic.

A switch plays "traffic cop" for a network.

Newer switches, especially the layer 3 and layer 4
ones can perform both functions.This isn't an exact
definition, but it's as close as I could think of
without getting too technical.

--- Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software

=== message truncated ===