[AccessD] Viruses from "Microsoft"

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 20 20:50:23 CDT 2003

I have it set to prompt me and it has caught a few others in the last two
days, but it isn't catching this latest swen that looks like a MS security
bulletin. I did just check and while trying to update the definitions live
update kept trying to use my dial-up -- we just got dsl and I've no idea why
it switched back to dial-up. I just deleted that connection from the
settings and ran it again -- said there were no new updates. The symantec
page linked to a MS patch, but it's for IE 5 and IE 5.5 -- I'm using 6.

Susan H.

> I have NAV set to "try and repair and silently delete if unsuccessful"
maybe
> your is doing that too. NAV caught all of mine. The only way I know is to
> check the file name of the attachment and it says something about norton
> dealing with it.
>
> John B.

It