[AccessD] A2K: Help with Error accessing file

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Tue Apr 6 07:45:49 CDT 2004

Steve,

To aleviate their security concerns, you can use VNC over a Secure
Tunnel, if you don't mind piecing together a solution. It uses OpenSSL,
which is the defacto standard for Encryption on *nix these days. It's
the same encryption that most Secure web sites use.

You will need
OpenSSL(http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html for a
precompiled Win32 binary) for the encryption, Stunnel
(http://www.stunnel.org/download/binaries.html for a precompiled
Win32 binary) for the Tunnel and a VNC client, http://www.realvnc.com/
or http://www.tightvnc.com/ or http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/ I
personally use TightVNC

Once it's set up, you should be able to create a VNC session over a
secure tunnel over the internet.

I've never done it personally, but its possible.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnelL at cbc.ca

>>> serbach at new.rr.com 06-Apr-04 8:09:47 AM >>>
Dan,

>> GoToMyPC <<

I've been evaluating it myself these past few weeks. I, indeed, have
suggested it to the appropriate people, but there may be some
resistance. It's a domestic violence shelter and they're very chary of
sending any data via the Internet for fear that it will be intercepted
and fall into the hands of the abusers.

To help them with some of their custom report requests I offered to
send them an Access routine to scramble the names, addresses, and phone
numbers of every client in their files. They're thinking about it.