[AccessD] Re: Ownership

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Apr 13 13:17:16 CDT 2004

Richard,

It depends on the contract.  If you are contracting to produce a specific
program with source, the you can word the contract so that you retain the
copyright, but they have rights to modify the source and cannot sell it
outside of their company.  Or, that they own the copyright at the end of
teh contract and can do whatever they want with it.  Generally, if you are
working by the hour, they own it.  But, again, you can word the contract
however you want to between you and the customer.

Robert