[AccessD] OT: US/UK public holidays

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Apr 15 04:36:22 CDT 2004

Thanks for all the responses!

> The day that people actually "have off"

But is this a commom business rule in US and UK or is just an
arrangement for the embassies? And is there "a rule"? I notice that
for Christmas Day you have two different Day Observed - looks like UK
picks the proceeding workday while US picks the following workday.

Here it is just "bad luck" for the citizens if a fixed date public
holiday falls within a weekend or collides with a moveable holiday.

/gustav