[AccessD] Using WinZip With Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Apr 20 07:09:02 CDT 2004

On 20 Apr 2004 at 13:48, paul.hartland at fsmail.net wrote:

> To all, I’m sure one of you out there must have done/attempted this
> before, I have an export button on my switchboard which exports two
> text files (ShiftData and DowntimeData) using the TransferText method.
>  I also have a copy of WinZip 8.0 (or close) installed. What I would
> like to do is once the text files have been exported I would like to
> zip them, has anyone any examples etc that I may look at to achieve
> this.  Also would I also need to download the command line interface
> for WinZip as well ?

Simplest way is to upgrade to  the latest Winzip (ver 9.0) and also
grab the "WinZip Command Line Support Add-On".  (You current Winzip
rego will still be valid with Ver 9.0)

Then all you need to do is something like:

RetVal = Shell("'C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe'  MyFiles.zip
File1.txt File2.txt",0)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg