[AccessD] Using WinZip With Access

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Tue Apr 20 10:39:37 CDT 2004

To all,

Thanks for everybody’s help on this I now know what the problem is.  We are using an Evaluation copy of Winzip, if I set the focus of the Shell command below to vbMaximizedFocus:

strCommand = "C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe " & wzFinal & " " & strShiftData & " " & strDownTime & vbCrLf
            wzFiles = Shell(strCommand, vbMaximizedFocus)

A message appears in the window with press any key to continue, and if I press any key it works perfect.  Is there anyway I can include the keypress into the Shell Command.  If I can get this to work automatically then I should be able to convince the powers that be to invest in the fully registered version.

Thanks again for everyone’s help on this

Paul Hartland
Database Designer/Developer
Join the UK's number one for the internet
www.freeserve.com/time