[AccessD] custom sorts/groups in a report

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 20 13:58:32 CDT 2004

Hi Susan

In the query you can pick the value from the form as an expression:

  Select
    ...,
    [Forms].[frmSomeForm].[txtTextbox] As FirstDayOfWeek
  From

Is is recommendable also to specify this as a parameter to avoid type
mismatch errors, indeed if the textbox is unbound:

  Parameters [Forms].[frmSomeForm].[txtTextbox] Byte;

I don't know what your module does, but basically the date of the
first day of the week of datDate can be found from this formula:

  DateWeekFirst =
    DateAdd("d", vbSunday - WeekDay(datDate, FirstDayOfWeek), datDate)

You would need to replace vbSunday with the actual value (1 for A97).

End Function

/gustav