[AccessD] Chinese Language

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 09:11:27 CDT 2004

Dear List:

OK.  I'm making some progress.  I changed the font on one of the labels to
Unicode MS copied the Chinese characters from the Excel spreadsheet to the
Caption in the property sheet for the control, and viola! it displays
Chinese!  When I look in my Access Language table, however, I still have
little boxes.  The caption also shows as little boxes in the property sheet
of the control.

I haven't written the public function yet to take the Chinese from the table
and put it into the caption (the function will also, I guess, have to change
the font to Arial Unicode MS), but I'm concerned that it may show boxes.

Maybe I should stop bothering you all and see how far I can get on this by
myself.

But I have to tell you it's very exciting.  In the old DOS days I did a
Chinese language version of this product with this woman in Taiwan and I
remember the thrill the first time my Main Menu came up in Chinese.

Still, if anybody has any advice for me, it's appreciated.

Regards,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com