[AccessD] Changing to newest version of ACCESS?

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Aug 17 15:24:39 CDT 2004

Just out of curiousity, what version is the application in?

I never used 2.0, but as many listers have posted, it's rock solid.  95 was
horribly flaky, but 97 is as solid as it gets.  I don't think they've
improved on 97's performance at all (at least I haven't heard of any
performance increases).

Sounds like there is a different reason to push an upgrade, other then this
Access App.

In fact, Access applications are one of the largest tasks involved in an
upgrade.  Our company still uses Office 97 on all of it's 150+ work
stations.  There are newer versions of Outlook on some machines, but that's
it.  We do plan on eventually upgrading to a newer version of Office, when
the budget allows.  Two issues we will be concerned with, at that time, is
getting it installed network wide, and ensuring all of our .mdb's are
working.  There are not many 'coded' .mdb's on the network, mostly
querries/reports.  95% of the stuff I have done either have VB or ASP front
ends, so an upgrade won't affect them.

Drew