[AccessD] Changing to newest version of ACCESS?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Aug 17 18:31:57 CDT 2004

Catherine,

If Access 95 is being used, upgrade right away.  Access 97 was much more
reliable.

Access 2000 includes a 'compact on close' option that is pretty useful where
people can't (or won't) compact regularly.

Access 2002 includes a Me.OpenArgs property for reports that is really nice
to program with.

If you end up using A02 or A03, keep the database in A00 format.  There is a
bug in A02 and A03 that can bloat the database if the format is not left in
A00.

BTW, if you can get a copy of the Access 2002 Developer's Handbook, it has a
good description of the changes that occurred from Access 2.0 to Access
2002.

Also, what is the belief that a newer version of Access will run better on
their upgraded machines?  ANY version of Access will run better on ANY
upgraded machine.

Best of Luck!
Dan