[AccessD] Apostrophes and Quotation Marks in Access

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 23 23:30:29 CDT 2004

Hi Arthur:

It would be very difficult because it depends on the particular font you are
using and some do not support the two types of quotes. In addition, it would
be difficult to manage the correct replacing of forward and backward quotes.
Word handles some of these issues by imbedding the actual font tables in the
document.

I would try and scan through an actual document that has the appropriate
quotes marks, save the numeric values. Then use these quote mark constants,
build a class that opens and edit the newly created document's vertical
quotes.

If it sounds a little too labour intensive some other bright individual from
the list may have a better solution.

HTH
Jim

PS I have a class that reads any size of document and of course is not
designed for replacing quotes but with a little ingenuity....