[AccessD] TransferText Causing System Crash

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Aug 26 19:09:25 CDT 2004

We've had problems with TransferText (we use TransferSpreadsheet very
rarely) in AXP mdbs on WinXP Pro and Win2k.  It will run nicely for a
while and then suddenly blow up entirely.  It appears to be a Jet
problem, since we're stress testing by handling the same file
repeatedly, and it goes happily along importing for a while and then
fails completely.  The interesting thing is that once it fails, the only
cure is to close the Access session and restart it because TransferText
won't work even from the code window and you can't do an import from the
UI either.  We finally resorted to including an automatic restart
capability in our apps because the fall over point differed between
machines and each machine seemed to have a magic number of iterations
before it crashed.

Charlotte Foust