[AccessD] OT: Server versions (X-posted to dba-Tech)

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 06:44:15 CST 2004

Posted this question on dba-Tech. If anyone here has any input I'd be
grateful, but would be best if you could reply direct to me or to dba-Tech,
so as not to annoy other Access-only members.

Dear all
Your advice is sought.

If a customer was thinking of upgrading from NT4 Server would the consensus
of opinion be to go to W2003 Server or W2000 Server? I ask because he has a
mix of W98 and W2K clients so is familiar with W2K and is therefore drawn to
W2K Server (still just about available to buy). But it will no doubt have a
shorter life than W2003 Server. So that is one point in W2003 Server's
favour, but what are the other pros and cons?

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk