[AccessD] OT: Server versions (X-posted to dba-Tech)

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 2 10:13:23 CST 2004

Hi Andy:

I have installed a XP Development Server version, in my office and found it
dead-easy. I would recommend at least one GB of RAM as it is a little hungry
and formatting the drive first (No updating). The server hardware on which
the OS was installed is an eclectic mix and has had no issues, accepted a
strange group of software...from Oracle, SQL 2000, Dreamweaver suite, Adobe
suite, VB Studio and MS Office, internally runs a domain, IIS and termserver
and still is running without hiccups (very stable).

Either OS would be just fine but XP 2003 Server is newer and should
theoretically have a longer supported life.

My thoughts.

HTH
Jim