[AccessD] 2 MySql posers

Paul Rodgers Paul.Rogers at SummitMedia.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 02:37:33 CST 2004

Thanks very much, Arthur. Much obliged. Cheers
paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Fuller [mailto:artful at rogers.com]
Sent: 13 December 2004 05:12
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] 2 MySql posers

There may be a dozen ways, but one obvious one is to run this statement::

SHOW CREATE TABLE mytable;

and either pipe the result to a text file or just copy the result and
paste it into a text editor. Then edit said file and run the SQL,
creating myNewTable with the PK of your choice. Finally:

INSERT INTO myNewTable SELECT * FROM mytable

You probably wouldn't want to use * but you get the idea.

HTH,
Arthur