[AccessD] Linking Tables from MS SQL using ODBC

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 28 02:58:18 CST 2004

Hi Jim

It is normal, but no big deal. Just loop through the DAO.TableDefs
collection and adjust the Name property if this begins with "dbo_".

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 28-12-2004 05:08:00 >>>
Hi All

Never having used an ODBC connection, to MS SQL, since pre 1997, I am
having
some issues when linking the tables, to Access. The tables link OK but
each
table is prefixed with the owner code, in this case DBO. Example table
'test' becomes 'dbo_test'. Is this normal? Did I miss some flag?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the prospect of manually
renaming
250 odd tables does not excite.

MTIA
Jim